Elegant Vintage Dresser

This dresser was given to me and although it wasn't in terrible shape it really needed a lift. After stripping, sanding, painting and wallpapering, it has become an elegant stand alone piece.
Caramel Latte paint and Minwax black stain on top
Paintable wallpaper on the 4 front drawers
A new look
A new look
Before
Before
Recaptured Charm

• Gabrielle Falk

That dresser is so beautiful - wish I had in our bedroom. Where do you get the inspiration from? Any advice for yellowed pine furniture in the bedroom? White bedspread, with throw cushions and rug with pinks and greens? HELP.

, Solid yellowed pine furniture in the bedroom YUK Tho very good storage, What can I do with the yellowed pine furniture White bedspread pink and green colouring inh the throw rug and cushions Blah coloured off white walls
    • Recaptured Charm

@Gabrielle Falk That's a nice piece. The stain makes it look a bit dated. If you're not opposed to paint, I would paint it white but sand the top right down and pick a stain that you like. Staining the top makes it more durable. Put a good couple of coats of varathane on it and leave it without the glass on top. If you would rather something a little different, how about staining the top and sides and just painting the drawers? Either way, you'll need new hardware or pulls to bring it up to date. Restoration Hardware or good hardware stores will have knobs that are ceramic or glass that might match your pinks and greens. Remember preparation is key to a good job. Make sure to sand off the finish before painting or staining. Good luck and have fun with it!!

• Chairished Furnishings

This is such a lovely and elegant piece! You took it from drab to fab (not to sound cliche'). I know a lot of people are not fans of painting over wood but when piece is sitting neglected and unappreciated, my take is that it's much better to bring it up-to-date with paint, rather than have it sit in someone's attic/garage/warehouse. Beautiful job!

• Carolyn LeBaron Hervol

I have looked at thousands of makeover dressers on the internet and this is by far one of the most beautiful I have ever seen!