A neighbor's yard has these very orange mushrooms growing near the street so I took a photo. I Googled for them and they

seem to be Jack O'Lantern mushrooms and are poisonous. The yard with the mushrooms has a good many stray cats around that she won't let anyone spay/neuter - stupid woman - so I wonder if the cats might try eating them? Cats sometimes eat strange things. If these are a danger to the cats, I'll pull them up and destroy them. I've never seen mushrooms like this! In fact, this year I've seen several kinds of mushrooms I've never, ever seen. What gives with all the sudden mushrooms?
a neighbor s yard has these very orange mushrooms growing near the street so i took a, landscape, outdoor living

• Louise

Glad to hear you S/N everything, Merry!! Me, too. A neighbor (who lives two houses from this irresponsible woman) and I have started trying to trap them, get them fixed and release them back since they have a food source. The cat overpopulation problem is huge around here, mainly due to irresponsible people like this stupid woman. We got a large, handsome male last week, so his daddying days are over. Now he can nurture instead of produce. :-)

• Sue

Maryif, you are naive to think that TNR (trap neuter release) programs will upset the feral cat population. Left to their own devices cats will quickly overpopulate a territory. Resources will become limited and their survival threatened. Your attitude is similar to those guilty of animal hoarding. It begins with good intentions but rarely results in a happy ending.

• ByLightOfMoon

I find these in our woods in North Carolina also.