Ijensen
Ijensen
  • Altamont, UT

Herb Garden Markers

I started a herb garden a few years ago and being not very "herbalistic"...(yes...I made up the word...LOL), I had to identify the plants so I knew what we were eating (My family has an issue about consuming poisonous plants). I found these colorful rocks, did vinyl lettering and coated them in Enviro-tex 2 part epoxy. You just have to make sure the bottom is covered really well so moisture doesn't seep in. They have made it through 2 years of seasons - and I left them out even during the harsh winter. I love the natural look of the rocks in the garden. The rocks have held up better than the herbs :(
diy herb garden rock markers, container gardening, crafts, gardening, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling
The rocks are pretty good sized....most about 4"X6". The Enviro-Tex really brings out the colors.

• Bruce

Where did you get the vinyl lettering and what size is it? Thanks

• Bruce

Never mind. I found the answer

• Ijensen

Sorry....just saw this. Glad you found what you needed...:) I cut the lettering myself....

• Meem Kaplan

ijensen... Yes! I have collected sea tumbled black rocks ( I think they are basalt) that are extremely smooth and painted my own. But I absolutely LOVE the vinyl letters!!! And I guess Virginia and I can do a search for them. VERY good job! Thank you for sharing! I tried to go to your link above but I can't connect to anything. It says it can't find it. But since I just uploaded Windows 10 it may well be a kink that needs to be worked out...

• Ijensen

@Meem Kaplan Thanks. Yes, the vinyl lettering is so fast and easy. Find someone with a vinyl cutter and they should be able to cut them for you....:)

• Clari Novik

I wonder if this would work with other types of lettering? I don't have access to vinly letters sadly, but these stones are gorgeous and i want them badly!!