Framed Fabric Shoe Organizer

$10

It's a New Year and that means it's time to get organized, right? Well, our master closet was a sad state of affairs. After purging out all the 'unnecessary' stuff, we were left with a blank wall. We were determined to maximize the use of space in our tiny walk-in.
Using some cotton fabric, basic wood trim from the hardware store, staples and a nail gun, we created a large scale 'frame'. Measure and hang the fabric first with a few of the staples, then position the trim afterwards to make sure it's all straight. Dan helped me mitre the corners. We just used super basic MDF trim.
Then cut a few slits in the fabric where you want your hanging hardware to go. We used these small hooks for dowels and a few picture hangers as well. Just make sure you measure your shoes first :)
These dowels were hung approximately 10" apart. Use the other hooks to hang accessories! I also added a gold gilded mirror.
Et voila! For more details on this project click through to our blog... AND then check out the updates we've made in the last year :) Shortly after this organizing project, we doubled the size of this closet...and added in more space for shoes ;) Happy Organizing HTers xoxo

DIY Passion

• Judy

Where is the most reasonable place to purchase the baskets? What did you store in them? How about belts? Judy

• CrazyClock

Ikea if you want new, but Goodwill, Salvation Army, thrift stores, garage sales are excellent places to get affordable baskets.

I once found (and bought and sold!) over two dozen Longaberger baskets at a Goodwill for $3 each. SCORE!

At another thrift store, we know which day of the week they actually throw out all kinds of useful things. They have one of those long dumpsters out back in their parking lot and they don't lock it up. My sister and I got 53 baskets (from small to large) out of there :) All were in perfect condition, we don't know why they were in the trash and why they didn't bother to donate that huge number to Goodwill or SA.

If you like to craft, cover a bunch of boxes with (matching if you want) fabric and you'll have beautiful organization.

• Marthi

This is the Answer to my Problem. Can you work on Wedge-Heels also pls? Aaawesome and Practical Idea Thx so much!

• LauraV

So did you put anything behind the hanging fabric to screw into or just went direct into the wall..? Cork-Board or that semi-thick Foam-Board stuff..🤭Pardon my lack of or inability for proper verbiage or name-of those items... I seem to know what I’m thinking of but haven’t used these things or spelled them out in many many years... Cute and very fun Idea 💡 for 🎖🥇 Showcasing some of what I consider my Prize 👠🥿👜💍👑🧢possessions 🎖