Lighted gazing ball

This is my lighted gazing ball that I lovingly refer to as my "Fairyball". It's made from a standard gazing ball that can be purchased at most garden or craft centers and an old log we fished out of a river while camping. We let it dry for a year, then drilled a hole right up through the center and ran an extension cord up through the hole to plug the strand of lights into. Colored LED lights have been the
lighted gazing ball, diy, gardening, how to, lighting, My original beloved Fairyball
My original beloved Fairyball.
lighted gazing ball, diy, gardening, how to, lighting, This is where my Fairyball piece sits in one of my shade gardens Its on the left of this photo
This is where my Fairyball piece sits in one of my shade gardens. Its on the left of this photo.
lighted gazing ball, diy, gardening, how to, lighting, Oh no A deadly mishap Had to replace it with a temporary one this morning
Oh no! A deadly mishap! Had to replace it with a temporary one this morning.
lighted gazing ball, diy, gardening, how to, lighting, This is the TOP of the hole that is drilled in the log with the strand of lights plugged into the extension cord that is fished up through the hole in the log
This is the TOP of the hole that is drilled in the log with the strand of lights plugged into the extension cord that is fished up through the hole in the log.
lighted gazing ball, diy, gardening, how to, lighting, Feeding the lights into the INSIDE of the gazing ball
Feeding the lights into the INSIDE of the gazing ball.
lighted gazing ball, diy, gardening, how to, lighting, Lights all inserted into the INSIDE of the gazing ball This is how the ball will sit in the crook of the log
Lights all inserted into the INSIDE of the gazing ball. This is how the ball will sit in the crook of the log.
lighted gazing ball, diy, gardening, how to, lighting, I tape the extension cord and the end of the strand of lights together with electrical tape so they cannot fall back through that long hole in the log Helps keep any moisture out too
I tape the extension cord and the end of the strand of lights together with electrical tape so they cannot fall back through that long hole in the log! Helps keep any moisture out too.
lighted gazing ball, diy, gardening, how to, lighting, This is how the gazing ball sits on the log No glue necessary it just rests in the crook with the stem in the hole Now I ll take some moss and cover up the transition
This is how the gazing ball sits on the log. No glue necessary. it just rests in the crook with the stem in the hole. Now I'll take some moss and cover up the transition.
lighted gazing ball, diy, gardening, how to, lighting, All finished until I find a new gazing ball
All finished until I find a new gazing ball...

• Ajlkj

Love it! Please post more like this.

• Diane Galanif

THANK YOU FOR SHARING ALL THESES WONDERFUL IDEA'S. REMARKABLE. GOD BLESS YOU, AND THANK YOU AGAIN FOR SHARING YOUR IDEAS WITH US. DIANE FROM MASSACHUSETTS USA