Lightened and brightened Kitchen...

As promised... here are the before and after photos of my kitchen.
I loved my kitchen... but it was dark and moody, especially in the evenings so...
I decided to lighten and brighten it by painting out the dark lower cabinets, island base and stools in the white of the upper shelves. I also refinished the repurposed island top to a beautiful natural finish.I like the results. It feels more open and
The lower cabinets and island base as well as the bar stools all got painted the white of the upper cabinets.
lightened and brightened kitchen, home decor, kitchen design, kitchen island, shelving ideas
the island with the top refinished brightens up the space.
Kitchen before:
The island was dark , I liked the finish on it but it was heavy feeling.
repurposed dresser and salvaged top
Kitchen before: The island was dark , I liked the finish on it but it was heavy feeling. repurposed dresser and salvaged top
The lower cabinets were painted out the same as the beadboard, I liked them but again, they were heavy and moody.
Cynthia Weber @ A Button Tufted Life...