Sheila D
Sheila D
  • Crystal River, FL

I have an old glass cruet - the edge of the glass stopper cracked and fell inside.

SandyLinda FrazierRonald Coleman
+3

Afraid to use as-is, might have tiny glass debris breaking off. Can't grab it with needle nose pliers-neck to small to open pliers. Any suggestions how to remove stopper from cruet? Thanks y'all
  • KMS Woodworks

A long time ago I removed the "widget" from the inside of a Guinness bottle by tying a big knot on the end of some mason line. I dropped the knot into the bottom then inverted the bottle...the widget fell to the narrow neck with the big knot behind it. pulling the string then pulled the knot up the widget and more pulling pulled both of them out together.

• Irene

@KMS Woodworks That is totally genius thinking. I'm impressed.

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

Have you tried a bodkin from your sewing kit?

• Ronald Coleman

verry small gage wood dowel with some sort of stickey stuff on the end of dowel,tape ,gum ect.

• Linda Frazier

Bubble gum on end of straw

• Sandy

Think of the stickiest thing you have around, chewing gum, -whatever. Attach it to end of a pencil or other object long enough to reach the stopper.