A bullet proof FUNKY METAL kitchen island top

When my kitchen was being renovated, I wanted something really cool for the island. Teaming up with my artist buddy Dan Sawatzky, we came up with a double sided, radius cornered kitchen island top in distressed METAL.
I love this thing and still smile when I remember my mom coming over and asking when I'll paint it. :) Short answer? NEVER!! :)
This double sided metal kitchen island top serves double duty. It's a counter and kitchen table all in one. The curvy corners help to visually diminish the size as well as add a personal touch.
The metal was left in it's natural black state. It came out stainless where it was welded and ground down which I fell in love with! The top can be waxed but I left it as is.
The top is a stand alone that slips overtop a standard kitchen cupboard base. Heavy corbels were fabricated to add some detail.
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Kate

What do you mean by it being double sided? Can you turn the top over for some reason?