90 year old door made into a headboard to fit both a king size and queen size bed frame.

The Decorator we worked with asked us to make the headboard to fit both a king size and a queen size bed, After cleaning and sealing the front of the door we painted the other trim details using a color still visible from one of the original paints on the door.
This headboard's new home. The Decorator did a wonderful job with this color palette. It looks so comfy!
Designed to fit both a king size and a queen size bed.
We color-matched one of the remaining colors on the from then painted the added trim, legs and shelf. Both the Customer and our Team were very happy with the results.
Ready for Customer pickup.
This is one of the few pics of me when I'm not covered in sawdust.

25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans

• Teresa
    Teresa

Is this headboard secured to the wall or just free standing, is the mattress enough to keep it from leaning forward. Thanks, I love it. Teresa

• Vintage Headboards
      Vintage Headboards

Good morning - the way I designed my headboards is to account for the thickness of the trim so they can rest flat against the wall. The mattress can help to hold it in place but will not hold it 100%.

All of our headboards include hardware to quickly attach them to the wall to hold them in place in addition to them being attached to your bed frame.

• Amy
    Amy

I just love this. Really my cup o tea :)

• Maria Ramirez
    Maria Ramirez

How did you attach the legs assuming they're 2x4 or 4x4?