Vintage Headboards
Vintage Headboards
  • Frisco, TX

90 year old door made into a headboard to fit both a king size and queen size bed frame.

The Decorator we worked with asked us to make the headboard to fit both a king size and a queen size bed, After cleaning and sealing the front of the door we painted the other trim details using a color still visible from one of the original paints on the door.
This headboard's new home.  The Decorator did a wonderful job with this color palette.  It looks so comfy!
This headboard's new home. The Decorator did a wonderful job with this color palette. It looks so comfy!
Designed to fit both a king size and a queen size bed.
We color-matched one of the remaining colors on the from then painted the added trim, legs and shelf.  Both the Customer and our Team were very happy with the results.
We color-matched one of the remaining colors on the from then painted the added trim, legs and shelf. Both the Customer and our Team were very happy with the results.
Ready for Customer pickup.
Ready for Customer pickup.
This is one of the few pics of me when I'm not covered in sawdust.

• Janet McCarraher

How did you secure the posts to the door?

• Vintage Headboards

Good morning Janet - we secure the legs using heavy-duty screws. We offer a full set of plans on our website if you are interested.

• Michelle

What did you use to seal it with? I have the door but husband is concerned with lead paint and need to make sure it is sealed well

• Vintage Headboards

We have always used a water-based Polycrylic and polyurethane will yellow things. You should use a respirator when working with these old doors. You have to inhale, (according to what I've read online) quite a bit to get sick.

• Teresa

Is this headboard secured to the wall or just free standing, is the mattress enough to keep it from leaning forward. Thanks, I love it. Teresa

• Vintage Headboards

Good morning - the way I designed my headboards is to account for the thickness of the trim so they can rest flat against the wall. The mattress can help to hold it in place but will not hold it 100%.

All of our headboards include hardware to quickly attach them to the wall to hold them in place in addition to them being attached to your bed frame.