Vintage Headboards
Vintage Headboards
  • Frisco, TX

90 year old door made into a headboard to fit both a king size and queen size bed frame.

The Decorator we worked with asked us to make the headboard to fit both a king size and a queen size bed, After cleaning and sealing the front of the door we painted the other trim details using a color still visible from one of the original paints on the door.
This headboard's new home.  The Decorator did a wonderful job with this color palette.  It looks so comfy!
This headboard's new home. The Decorator did a wonderful job with this color palette. It looks so comfy!
Designed to fit both a king size and a queen size bed.
We color-matched one of the remaining colors on the from then painted the added trim, legs and shelf.  Both the Customer and our Team were very happy with the results.
We color-matched one of the remaining colors on the from then painted the added trim, legs and shelf. Both the Customer and our Team were very happy with the results.
Ready for Customer pickup.
Ready for Customer pickup.
This is one of the few pics of me when I'm not covered in sawdust.

• Brian

How do you seal the paint so the lead does not impact health? GREAT JOB! It is beautiful!

• Raeanne Carson

Does the headboard just stand up against the wall on its legs or do you attach it to the bed frame or secure it to the wall?

• Vintage Headboards

@Raeanne Carson Good afternoon Raeanne. Our Headboards are designed to attach to standard metal bed frames. We provide hardware to attach the tops to the wall so that when decorations are placed on the shelf there won't be a concern of things falling when you hop into bed. We also make wall mount versions so the headboards will be made without legs entirely in those applications. Check out www.vintageheadboards.storenvy.com for more info.

• Sheila Thompson

Dads door headboard

• Jennifer Beckham

If I may ask, what color green paint is on your walls?

• Vintage Headboards

I am sorry Jennifer - that was chosen by the Decorator working with our our Customer. I wish I could be of more help.

• Anastacia

How did you attach the door to the post legs

• Rel6762735

How do I get one in NJ and I am not planning a Texas vacation? Thank you

• May Goad

what make the top of the headboard?

• Cheryl Wicker

How did you make the legs and does it hook the the bed frame .I want to make one so bad please tell me.thank you

• Danielle M

How did you connect the legs to the door?

• Kathryn Curran

Can you supply us with the dimensions for the door, and the Crown Molding. Also, what is the height of the door with the legs attached? Thanks! Katie

• Vintage Headboards

Typical leg height is 29" but I always have our Customers give us the dimensions to be on the safe side. These old doors vary in width which when turned on their sides affect the total height.

• Slo1483847

Where did you get the ,mantel ?

• Lorlq

you said you used deck screws to attach the legs, are they angled ? I can't see how else they would be done looks like door is sitting on top legs.

• Shawna Bailey

You are probably right

• Vintage Headboards

The legs extend up the backside of the doors

• WH

Looks like he cut a notch in the 4x4 before attaching it to the back of the door to make the over depth of the headboard less.
    • Sherry g

We live in earthquake prone California. So maybe them frames & things on the mantle aren't such a good idea here!! Could fall on top of you for a ride Awakening!! Unless, they are attached to something!!
  • Teresa Williams

Did you attach the headboard to the bed frame itself? Or is it just attached or leaning to the wall?
    • Vintage Headboards

We actually attach the headboard to the bed frame. We also offer wall mount applications as well.

• Sandi

Do you have a website of all items you make?
  • Mac25093204

Do you have directions on this?
    • Vintage Headboards

Yes - we sell full sets of plans if you are intersted. PLease send me an email vintageheadboards@gmail.com
  • Me

How you doin'? LOL
    Great selfie
    , It s not a good selfie but it s one of two I have on my phone
  • Syg29482207

What type paint did you use (satin, semi-gloss, etc? I'm interested in a white, do you have a favorite white you use?
    • Vintage Headboards

We always use a satin finish. The most popular white is Antique White. What size bed do you need it to fit? We may have a headboard in stock with that finish.

www.vintageheadboards.net
      vintageheadboards@gmail.com
      972-668-2603
    • Syg29482207

We are experimenting with our first door to headboard repurpose. It's a King. If our effort isn't successful, I will be shopping. Thank you!
    • Vintage Headboards

How did your headboard project turn out?
    • Syg29482207

Awesome! Tks.
  • Sue Tulk

Love this headboard! How much does it cost and what is your shipping info.
    Thanks Sue
    • Vintage Headboards

Good morning Sue - we sell headboards like this for $360. If you can send us an email to vintageheadboards at gmail dot com with your zip code I can get you a shipping quote within a minute.

• Vintage Headboards

We can be reached at 972-668-2603 if you'd prefer as well.

• Linda Christensen

I love the head board but I am interested in the color of the wall paint?
    • Vintage Headboards

I don't know what the wall color is. The Interior Decorator that was working with our Customer selected that color.
  • Meg

can you provide approx shipping costs to 32757?
    • Vintage Headboards

Good morning Meg - if we ship it to a business address it would be $201.12 If we ship to a residential address it would be $251.04
  • Myava

I actually have one of these but am unsure as to how to clean it first, any sanding at all, any light glazing, sealing....... could you help me please? Lol

• Vintage Headboards

Yes - carefully remove all loose pieces depending on the finish you're trying to attain. A water based polycrylic works great to seal the item without greatly changing the colors. We typically apply a minimum of three cotes. Polyurethane will make things have a yellowish tint

• Marlene Martinez

What size door did you use for this headboard?

• Vintage Headboards

Good morning Marlene - I believe the width of the door was 30". These old 5 panel doors will vary in height, (sometimes as much as 12") depending on where in the home they were used back in the late 1800s or early 1900s. Remember when you are adding the crown molding to the top you will need to have at least 3/4" to 1" of that edge of the door to allow enough to nail to. We normally make the leg height about an inch below the height of the top of your mattress. When we cut the doors we want them to look symmetrical so depending on the door you select will determine if you need to add wood to the left and right side of the door or add it to the outside of the legs so your bed frame can be attached to it. We are in Frisco and have doors in stock so if you'd like us to make one for you we can too.

• Pek33703523

What is the wall paint color? I love the headboard too.

• Janet McCarraher

How did you secure the posts to the door?

• Vintage Headboards

Good morning Janet - we secure the legs using heavy-duty screws. We offer a full set of plans on our website if you are interested.

• Michelle

What did you use to seal it with? I have the door but husband is concerned with lead paint and need to make sure it is sealed well

• Vintage Headboards

We have always used a water-based Polycrylic and polyurethane will yellow things. You should use a respirator when working with these old doors. You have to inhale, (according to what I've read online) quite a bit to get sick.

• Teresa

Is this headboard secured to the wall or just free standing, is the mattress enough to keep it from leaning forward. Thanks, I love it. Teresa

• Vintage Headboards

Good morning - the way I designed my headboards is to account for the thickness of the trim so they can rest flat against the wall. The mattress can help to hold it in place but will not hold it 100%.

All of our headboards include hardware to quickly attach them to the wall to hold them in place in addition to them being attached to your bed frame.