Lighted gazing ball mounted in an old log / Instructions included!

This is a standard glass gazing ball that can be purchased at many home centers that we mounted on an old log and installed colored lights inside the glass ball. We drilled a hole up through the center of the log and fished an extension cord from the bottom to the top and into the glass ball after inserting colored LED lights. Then we mounted the log on a concrete base and secured it in place. I broke my original beloved gazing ball this morning trying to get pics so that is the reason for the change on the color of the glass ball.
My original glowing "fairyball" at dusk.
Daytime shot of my shade garden with the Fairyball. It's on the left of this photo.
OH NO! A deadly mishap this morning! Time for a new colored gazing ball.
This is a top view of the hole we drilled in the log to run the extension cord. The end of the hole is the same diameter as the outside of the gazing ball stem.
Feeding the strand of colored lights into the gazing ball.
I taped the end of the strand of lights to the extension cord so it couldn't accidently pull out and fall back down that long 31 inch hole in the log.
Placing the gazing ball onto the top of the log.
This is how the gazing ball nestles onto the log. It just sits there.
All finished. Now my Fairyball is green until I can find the perfect replacement color.

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home

• Gerry
    Gerry

Love the idea, has anyone tried this with solar lights?