Alex
Alex
  • Orlando, FL

Who or what?

Pamela Rufrano-GascoyneAcorn Ponds & WaterfallsAlex
+7

Hi! Came out of the house this morning and saw diggings on the lawn and around the plants. Any idea who visited us last night? Thanks.
who or what, gardening, pets animals
who or what, gardening, pets animals
  • Elyse Mize

looks like the holes in my grass that the squirrels dig

• Cece Helmers

Hmmm I don't have squirrels around and I have these holes too.

• Dee W

could be skunks also

• Gwen Campbell

could be armadillos. I hope not. we have them and they can tear up a yard or flower bed in a night or two. They dig for grubs. About the only way to get rid of them is trap or shoot them. You can put up a fence. that seems to help as long as you don't fence in the hole where they live. You can also spray your yard to get rid of the grubs. You have to do this often enough to keep the grubs gone.

• Alex

Well, it looks like the squirrels had a hand (paw) in it. Saw them working on our neighbor's lawn today. Just to be sure, I'm spying on them! Thanks to all for your replies.

• Sherrie S

@Alex I'm thinking it is those squirrels. They seem to be accumulating food for winter (even in Florida).

• Acorn Ponds & Waterfalls

Looks like the work of squirrels. You could check to see if they left any buried treasure....

• Alex

Friday morning. They're back! Sometime last night, after I stopped "spying" and went to bed, they must have brought their relatives for a feast (on the other side yard and lawn) What a mess! ....No buried treasure...Just a lot of holes.

• Acorn Ponds & Waterfalls

Some people have to spend a lot of money to aerate their lawns like that. Usually the grass will grow back. If it becomes a problem you get look into setting a trap and relocating the critters to a park.

• Pamela Rufrano-Gascoyne

It may be raccoons or possums digging for grubs. I have those in my yard.