DIY Iced Winter Branches for Pennies! (or Free!)

$0

I have been wanting to create Iced Winter Branched for years. I see them at the craft stores and think to myself, "self, don't pay this ridiculous price for these branches when you can make your own." This weekend, I *finally* got around to it. It didn't cost me a thing because I had the two products (besides the free branches) on hand already. Here is what I used and how I created my branches.
diy iced winter branches, crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling
I used Holly tree branches because they had more stems and were "branch-ier" than some other trees. :)
Epsom salt. For about $3 you can get a small bag at the drug store or grocery store. You will only use about 1-2 cups top.
Spray adhesive. Any brand will do. The cheaper the better!
Then, you just spray and sprinkle and set aside for a few minutes and let dry.
Then repeat. The second layer is what really creates that true "icy" look. *(I shared a tip on my blog about how to apply the second coat to get a thick adhesion.)
I did four branches in about 10 minutes. Yes! 10-minutes!
I had intended on adding glitter, but didn't have any on hand and was too lazy to go into town to get some. :) But, if you wanted to add a little bling, you could sprinkle some clear or white glitter into the salt.
They truly do look authentic. Like Ole' Man Winter gently kissed my trees with an icy breath. Best of all, they were FREE! Please visit my blog to see all the tips I share.
The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett

• Louise

where do u get spray glue?

• Celia Forth

You can buy the spray glue in any craft store. It's fairly inexpensive.

• Christine Pouladaki

What exactly is epsom salt? I believe that in Greece it has a different name and I don't understand what it could be. Is it for cooking or cleaning or bath salt?

• Tina Hill

@Christine Pouladaki it is a bath salt /muscle soak rich in magnesium sulfate... i hope that helps

• Louise

can I use hair spray???

• Kay

could you do this to an old christmas tree? I am thinking flock it first then do the epsom salt?

• Grace Kelly

Will definately try this looks so cool