How to Give Your Dishwasher a Deep Clean

The dishwasher. It consistently takes our dirty, dingy dishes and makes them sparkly clean - until it doesn't. Hard water, dirt and grime can turn even the most expensive, most elite dishwasher into more of a hinderance than a help. Follow the suggestions below and old faithful will be back to her beautifully cleaning self in no time. (Note: This is the Clif Notes version. The expanded version is found at therozyhome.com).
Clean your drain/garbage disposal. Pour 1/2 cup of baking soda followed by one cup of white vinegar into the drain and cover it (with a stopper). Let is sit for 15 - 30 minutes then pour 2 quarts of boiling water down the drain.
Clean the filter by soaking it in soapy water for at least 10 minutes.
Use vinegar, bleach, baking soda and/or Tang to clean the inside of the machine.
Clean clogged spray arms with picture wire or a wire hanger.
Clean the outside. If you have have white or black appliance, clean them with a non-abrasive cleaner and follow with a Windex wipe down. For Stainless, I recommend Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner. Simply spray on, wipe off and follow with a clean paper towel to buff the surface.

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
The Rozy Home

• Linda Swallie
    Linda Swallie

I use a small amount of vinegar with each washing. It makes my glasses sparkle.

• Brenda
    Brenda

If I don't have white vinegar can I use apple cider vinegar