Wanda Craft
Wanda Craft
  • Sylacauga, AL

Dollar Store Buckets to Chic Decor

(Note: These buckets have been one of my most popular Pinterest pins. I've been totally amazed.)
dollar store buckets to chic decor, crafts, repurposing upcycling
Chic decor? Am I stretching it? Maybe a little.... or maybe not? When I found these little, brightly colored buckets at the Dollar Tree, bells and whistles went off in my brain. A light bulb came on over my head. I had an idea I thunk up all by myself! Sort of. Okay. Not really. I've seen many other tins and pottery done this way, but to my knowledge haven't seen these - these particular buckets from the Dollar Tree. So I can almost say it's my original idea. Right? Yeah. I know. That's stretching things. I'm a such a copycat.
What was that idea bouncing around in my head? What was the bee in my bonnet? Let's spray paint 'em white and put some vinyl numbers on them! So easy! And I'm all about easy. And before I go further, so many people have asked what use the numbers are? Purely for decoration. Like Pottery Barn and other companies are pushing. I liked the curl on the 2 and the 5 and something about the 7 spoke to me.
I cut out the vinyl numbers with my Silhouette Cameo and stuck them on the buckets. That's it. Yer done. Um... I think for more durability, you could put some Poly over that, but I chose to stop here.
Don't have a Silhouette to cut those fancy numbers? You could stencil the numbers on or do an image transfer. I think either of those techniques would look great!
See more at the blog:
Wanda Craft

• Susan Kelly

Living in Florida I have fallen in love with color so I prefer the green, blue and orange colors. I would change out the black numbers for white ones especially for the blue. I would use them to ring around our mailbox post and have our address house numbers in white. (we only have 3 numbers)

• Or... you could plant a succulent inside and put your house numbers on them. Display them on your front porch and it's so pretty! Change up colors too if want.