Dollar Store Buckets to Chic Decor

(Note: These buckets have been one of my most popular Pinterest pins. I've been totally amazed.)
Chic decor? Am I stretching it? Maybe a little.... or maybe not? When I found these little, brightly colored buckets at the Dollar Tree, bells and whistles went off in my brain. A light bulb came on over my head. I had an idea I thunk up all by myself! Sort of. Okay. Not really. I've seen many other tins and pottery done this way, but to my knowledge haven't seen these - these particular buckets from the Dollar Tree. So I can almost say it's my original idea. Right? Yeah. I know. That's stretching things. I'm a such a copycat.
What was that idea bouncing around in my head? What was the bee in my bonnet? Let's spray paint 'em white and put some vinyl numbers on them! So easy! And I'm all about easy. And before I go further, so many people have asked what use the numbers are? Purely for decoration. Like Pottery Barn and other companies are pushing. I liked the curl on the 2 and the 5 and something about the 7 spoke to me.
I cut out the vinyl numbers with my Silhouette Cameo and stuck them on the buckets. That's it. Yer done. Um... I think for more durability, you could put some Poly over that, but I chose to stop here.
Don't have a Silhouette to cut those fancy numbers? You could stencil the numbers on or do an image transfer. I think either of those techniques would look great!
See more at the blog:

These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Wanda Craft

• Susan Kelly
    Susan Kelly

Living in Florida I have fallen in love with color so I prefer the green, blue and orange colors. I would change out the black numbers for white ones especially for the blue. I would use them to ring around our mailbox post and have our address house numbers in white. (we only have 3 numbers)

• Schel McCord Ruiz
    Schel McCord Ruiz

Or... you could plant a succulent inside and put your house numbers on them. Display them on your front porch and it's so pretty! Change up colors too if want.