Customized Glass Plates for Any Party

$1

Some parties call for something a little more special than paper plates. Sturdy glass plates from the dollar store can be customized for any event, and then washed clean, ready to be decorated for the next party theme.
customized glass plates for any party, crafts, dining room ideas
I created these papel picado inspired embellished glass plates for a Day of the Dead party two years ago. A little tissue paper, an Xacto knife, and some spray adhesive were all I needed!
Those basic materials transformed a plain glass plate from the dollar store (which is already an upgrade from paper plates by itself), to something absolutely perfect for the party.
The elements are on the underside of the plate, so no worries about eating glue or tissue paper by accident!
The entire bottom of the plate can be covered by tissue paper as well, like I did with this toile pattern.
The plates looked perfect at our Gnome themed birthday party! And it was easy to wash off the tissue paper with warm, soapy water after the event.
Nikki Wills