Winter Snowy Flameless Tealight Candle Holder

$20

Does your home feel bare now that the holidays are over? Many of us are sad that the Christmas decorations are down and put away. Why wait for the next holiday to spruce up those special areas when you can just decorate for winter. One way to embrace this chilly season is by adding a warm glow to your winter decor by making dimensional snowy flameless tealight candleholders.
Here's how: 1. Remove a small end portion from a Styrofoam ball to allow the ball to sit flat.
2. Trace the base of a glass votive or flameless tealight on the center top.
3. Use a knife & spoon to remove outlined area.
4. Insert glass votive or tealight for fit.
5. Using a plastic knife, coat Styrofoam with Aleene's True Snow or Snow-Tex and allow to dry.
6. Add additional faux snow paste to top middle area, add glitter (optional) and allow to dry overnight. 7. Insert glass votive, tealight and admire your creation!
These winter snowy flameless tealight candleholders look good on their own but would look beautiful within a winterscape or winter wonderland theme.

Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• Tracy Duke

I'm in Australia, is the 'true snow' a paint? Would like to find an alternative product here to do the project plz.
    • MissEm

You can also use spackle, like what they repair holes in drywall with. I have found here in the US at the Dollar Tree, although it is a bit watery. Or you can use caulking. The lightweight spackle is lighter, and the caulking is a bit heavier, but I've use both to make snowballs, which is the same idea as here, except I don't cut the Styrofoam balls, I just cover them in glitter when they dry. Hope this helps!

• Greta

Can I use a real candle to burn?

• Tina

So pretty!

• Cheryl Clements

Hi Janie, that is done when applying the fake snow stuff. You can make it look how you want, to a point. I have used it and it's so beautiful. It also comes in a sparkle form so you don't need to add glitter. Merry Christmas!