Disco Ball New Years Gifts

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a blast inviting in the new year, whether that meant being snuggled up at home in your PJs or partying out with friends! I enjoyed snacking, dancing (with a four year old dance buddy), and gabbing with my friends for a few hours on New Years Eve.
To really set the tone of the new year I wanted to do a little craft for my wonderful co-workers that I love dearly.
disco ball new years gifts, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
When I spotted these mini disco balls (similar disco balls) at the store I knew I had to make them the star of the gift.
Plus, they have lip gloss inside them (which is so cute yet so middle school and I love that)! But sorry boy co-workers, no gift for you…
I started with the disco balls which conveniently had two little holes on top (I think perhaps to make them into ornaments or put on a key chain?).
Then I cut gift tags out of glitter scrapbook paper. I just cut out a rectangle and then clipped the corners to make it a little fancier. I used a one hole punch to put a hole in the top.
I decided to use my metallic Sharpies to write “Bling it on 2015″ on the white side of the tag.
Finally I took curly wrapping ribbon (I used this because it was pointy and easy to get through those little holes), strung them through the holes, tied on a tag, curled the ribbon, and called it a day!
Can you tell that I had a blast photographing these disco ball New Years presents? Disco balls, ribbon, and glitter make me giddy and camera happy!
Psst — Fun tip: Use a one hole punch and scrapbook paper (the little pieces you thought you wouldn’t find a use for) to make pretty confetti. That’s how I made the glitter confetti in the pictures!
Megan Aubrey