Ellen H
Ellen H
  • Cullman, AL

Fall in rural north Alabama

Today is our last warm day before the major weather change that is being forecasted. Should be 20 degrees cooler tomorrow.
Front and center of my yard - a dogwood tree in its fall glory.
fall in rural north alabama, flowers, landscape, outdoor living
The plumbago is blooming like crazy - must have energy to burn before the first frost.
My  favorite fall wildflower- Blue mist flower,  aka hardy ageratum (eupatorium coelestinum).
My favorite fall wildflower- Blue mist flower, aka hardy ageratum (eupatorium coelestinum).
Across the pasture
Across the pasture
The old oak
The old oak

• Susan S

@Ellen H - I'm pretty sure ALL of ours take off for Mexico or where ever they choose to over winter. I don't know how mild Al. winters are but in all honesty, I'm thinking if there really was a straggler in either of our states, he probably wouldn't last all winter no matter how many feeders we left out. I just don't think their little bodies are built for consistently low temps. They have such a high metabolism that even in the summer they need to sit in the sun to warm up before trying to take off. So, I've heard the same thing as you but in all honesty - I'm not buyin it!!!

• Charlotte Berryman

Very pretty, love North Alabama.