Make your own no-sew faux Roman shade!

Need an easy window treatment? I developed a way to make a faux Roman shade by using a piece of fabric and humble tension rods! For more information and a full tutorial, click here: http://www.impartinggrace.com/2011/05/faux-roman-shade-tutorial.html
make your own no sew faux roman shade, diy, home decor, window treatments
First you create a doubled-over piece fabric the size of your window, then hang it from a tension rod inside the window.
Next you hang a tension rod on the outside of the fabric and drape the top portion of the fabric over that rod.
You continue adding rods and draping until your shade is of the size and fullness you like.
Here's the finished product!
The possibilities for this kind of shade are endless. I created another one using a tablecloth for fabric!
Richella Parham

• Candis

How many tension rods did you use ? For window shown. I can't sew a lick so this is so exciting. I have 9 windows in my living room that would have to be closed for privacy at night, how hard is it to put them up like you had them each day? A lot of work ? Is this treatment mainly for those that want to leave them up? he help !! Will appreciate your answer. Thank you & God bless, Candis

• Richella Parham

These are not workable Roman shades; they're faux Roman shades. So they're always up--you can't lower them for privacy. I used three tension rods to create the shade shown here.

• Pat Wells

How do the shades go up and down?
    • Richella Parham

These shades don't go up and down. Note that they're faux Roman shades--they are stationary window treatments, not working ones.

• LaToya Brake

I've been looking for something like this! I can't wait to try it, thanks!

• Richella Parham

@LaToya Brake Hope it works well for you! Lots of people have used my tutorial over the years and we've all had good results. Let me know if you have any questions!

• Pat Light

Super nice, I am going to try it on my kitchen window...thank you