Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co.
Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co.
  • Westminster, MD

Homemade Chalk Paint Recipe

I've been using this recipe for making homemade chalk paint for several months now and I'm really pleased with the results. It gives a really nice finish on furniture projects with a minimal amount of prep. And it's thrifty too!
homemade chalk paint recipe, chalk paint, painted furniture
Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co.

• Sal953502

what is the chalk paint recipe

• Barbara Blakely

Would chalk paint work to put over an ugly faux stone fireplace? I hate the black/tan color. Barb

• Renae E. Geddes Milliken

What do you seal it with? I want to paint my kitchen cabinets with this, but I need a good sealer.

• Margie Spenser

What is chalk paint? I never heard of it before I started getting emails from Hometalk. What does it do that is special? What are the pros and cons of it? Thanks!

• Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co.

Chalk paint (purchased in a can or homemade) tends to give a dry, flat chalky aged look. Prep is minimal, no need to prime and easy to distress. An especially nice paint for giving new life to furniture!

• Linda

Has anyone heard of BBFROSCH chalk powder that you add to regular paint? I saw it online while Googling and it got good reviews.

• Paula

Thank you so much. I want to use gray as the tile for the bath I picked is dark grey. this will be so helpful