Louise
Louise

With the temps going down, need to think about bringing in my house plants from the deck. Last year, when it got into

Douglas HuntKMS Woodworks

the high 30s at night but still had decent daytime temps I put sheets over them at night and they survived just fine. I cleaned out the pine needles and fallen leaves from their pots this morning but want to make sure I don't being in bugs -- especially those giant roaches that I'd see on the deck from time to time over the summer. Will it hurt if I spray bug spray on the plants today to decrease that possibility?
  • KMS Woodworks

bug spray would help some...but bugs as big as a cockroach can be seen...I would just isolate each plant and give each one a good visual inspection before bringing them in.

I agree with KMS. And I would help your plants transition by only bringing them in at night for about a week before you bring them in full-time.