Get Rid of the Lime Scale Ring in the Toilet Bowl

$5.00

With just a couple of simple ingredients and a little elbow grease, you can remove the unsightly black ring of lime scale that forms in your toilet bowl. This really works! All you need to do is pour some borax and vinegar into the water in the bowl. Let it sit for a while and then use your muscles and some sandpaper to remove it! No more ugly ring! Just a bright shiny toilet bowl! Use a foam sanding tool with a fine grit so you won't scratch the porcelain. What a difference!
Does Your Toilet Bowl Look Like This?
Over time...lime scale build up looks like this!B
You will need some Borax
You can buy Borax in the laundry aisle at the grocery store.
You will need some vinegar
Vinegar is a wonderful staple for many cleaning jobs.
This foam sanding tool is fine grit
Sanding blocks are a great tool to have for lots of jobs!
Success! No more ugly ring!

21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Mary B

• Stasha
    Stasha

Im trying to wrap my head around the fact that you would have water in the toilet bowl while you're scrubbing it with the sanding sponge.

Do you turn the water valve off on the side of the toilet and flush it before you do any of this?

My second question is do you get a different reaction by using Borax than you would using common baking soda and vinegar?

I have used the vinegar/baking soda mix before but i take off the tank lid add it to the water tank and let it do its thing in there instead

After a few minutes simply flush the toilet and let your mixture drain from the tank into the bowl

By doing it this way im cleaning the entire toilet and not just the bowl. The mixture follows the regular water path so it unclogs the drain holes too.

After letting the water in the bowl sit for a few minutes in the bowl and scrubbing the ring with your toilet brush the last step is to flush again

No extra supplies are needed. Just vinegar, baking soda and your toilet brush

• Pat
      Pat

Over time, Vinegar acid could damage the components in the water tank (rubber, metal, etc)

• Linda S
    Linda S

How do I get rid of hard water build up? My son recently rented a trailer and it has hard water build up in the toilet but he is afraid to scratch the porcelain. Ugly sight. Any suggestions?

• Linda S
      Linda S

I'll give it a try. To get the best results o I need to pour it in the toilet with water or make sure there is no water in the toilet? Than you.

• Kdeyar
    Kdeyar

So you reach your hand in the water?

• Mae Beech
    Mae Beech

YES I WILL TRY THIS. I HAVE ALSO USED EMERY BOARDS, THE LARGE ONES LIKE THE THE NAIL GIRLS USE. WORKS GREAT AND DOES NOT SCRATCH THE TOILET.

• Leticia
    Leticia

🤔🤔🤔🤔