Get Rid of the Lime Scale Ring in the Toilet Bowl

$5.00

With just a couple of simple ingredients and a little elbow grease, you can remove the unsightly black ring of lime scale that forms in your toilet bowl. This really works! All you need to do is pour some borax and vinegar into the water in the bowl. Let it sit for a while and then use your muscles and some sandpaper to remove it! No more ugly ring! Just a bright shiny toilet bowl! Use a foam sanding tool with a fine grit so you won't scratch the porcelain. What a difference!
Does Your Toilet Bowl Look Like This?
Over time...lime scale build up looks like this!B
You will need some Borax
You can buy Borax in the laundry aisle at the grocery store.
You will need some vinegar
Vinegar is a wonderful staple for many cleaning jobs.
This foam sanding tool is fine grit
Sanding blocks are a great tool to have for lots of jobs!
Success! No more ugly ring!

25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
15 Perfectly Round Tables
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Mary B

• Gayle S.

Can you please tell me how much Borax and vinager to put in for the stain removal and how long to leave it? I have a stain in mine I can't remove. How do you keep them out after you remove it? Thanks, Going to try this.

• Itsmemic

sheetrock sandpaper? Brilliant !!! Thank you guys !!!

• Stasha

Im trying to wrap my head around the fact that you would have water in the toilet bowl while you're scrubbing it with the sanding sponge.

Do you turn the water valve off on the side of the toilet and flush it before you do any of this?

My second question is do you get a different reaction by using Borax than you would using common baking soda and vinegar?

I have used the vinegar/baking soda mix before but i take off the tank lid add it to the water tank and let it do its thing in there instead

After a few minutes simply flush the toilet and let your mixture drain from the tank into the bowl

By doing it this way im cleaning the entire toilet and not just the bowl. The mixture follows the regular water path so it unclogs the drain holes too.

After letting the water in the bowl sit for a few minutes in the bowl and scrubbing the ring with your toilet brush the last step is to flush again

No extra supplies are needed. Just vinegar, baking soda and your toilet brush

• Pat

Over time, Vinegar acid could damage the components in the water tank (rubber, metal, etc)