Diva of DIY
Diva of DIY
  • Kansas City, MO

Upcycle Project | Turn a Old Tire Into a Stylish Ottoman

What once was a old tire is now a new and stylish ottoman! This ottoman is great for hosting parties, relaxing with your feet up at night or as a coffee table!
upcycle project turn a old tire into a stylish ottoman, painted furniture
I've found myself lacking empty surface in my home when guests were on their way over. Whether I need a place to put appetizers and drinks, a place for my friends and family to sit or to just put my feet up at night this ottoman has multiple functions! It's really like wearing a black dress from day to night!
I have a few old tires laying around the shop {don't judge!} so I ended up creating my very own ottoman in just a few hours. If you are a new Diva of DIY'er grab your apron, plywood, old tire, rope, e6000, feet (if you choose to put them on!), screws, drill and polyurethane....
Let's get started!
Here's a video that will help if you are a visual learner!
If you are looking to get into building your own furniture, want to learn how to use tools other than a glue gun and a screw driver this is tire ottoman project is a great one to get started with. There's really no way that you can mess it up!
You can also turn a small tractor tire into a step stool. However, they are a little harder to find than a regular old car or truck tire so keep that in mind if you ever come across a small tire.
Diva of DIY

• Joyce

I'm wondering the same thing a few others are; doesn't this smell (polite term) of tire? I used to work on my own cars (past tense), and I know tires stink all the time, and NOTHING can take that smell away. Just curious.

• Jackie

What was the diameter of the rope you used? I am so doing this!