Dollar Store DIY: Vintage Locker Bins

When I gave my office a makeover this past fall I stocked my shelves with lots of Ikea boxes for storage. I realized a few days ago that I needed some extra storage for markers, pens and scissors. But I wanted easy access to them and I am maxed out on my Ikea storage. I needed a little something different before my office just looks like a display right out of Ikea! When I saw some bins at the dollar store the other day I knew I could do some Dollar Store DIY.
The Dollar Store was loaded up on storage bins and containers. When I stumbled upon these I knew they would make perfect faux, vintage style locker bins. Only one problem, they were neon green and plastic. Not exactly vintage looking.
But with a little of my favorite spray paint, I could fix that problem. I used Rustoleum Flat Antique Nickel to get the perfect metal look. I love this paint because you can use it on so many surfaces and it sticks really well.
I spray painted the sides and the inside and allowed them to dry. And then I flipped them over and sprayed the bottoms and under the lip of the bin to hide all that green.
I sell these little tags at my retail space and they look like the numbers that you would find on real vintage locker bins. They would also be great on baskets or attached to mason jars. To attach the tags I poked a hole through the plastic bin with a large upholstery needle. And then used some twine to tie the tag onto the bin.
I separated my markers and supplies into old cans and placed them in the bins. Now I have plenty of room for more supplies and I can easily see what I have. If you like this idea and would like to see more please visit my blog at http://www.chiccalifornia.com

Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Chic California