Amanda M
Amanda M
  • Bethlehem, GA

Trash Can Patio

Finally decided where to permanently place my outdoor trash and recycle cans. Now to build the Trash Can Patio! The future finished look will include a trellis where the pallet is, a butterfly bush in front of everything, new landscaping timber for edging, and a butterfly bush in front of everything to soften the corner of the house. Will post again when finished!
My first thought was to pour a concrete slab, but the 12" concrete pavers were much more economical. This is the 1st row done.
My youngest's way of saying, "Momma, it's time to take a break and play with me!"
Third row done. Learning how to "pave" this small scale project is preparing me for a larger paver project in the back yard.
Test driving the Trash Can Patio and making plans to finish the area.

• Ella

How did you make sure the pavers were level? I am trying to do the same thing for my trash cans storage.
  • De'Etta Wright

I think it is a great idea. Wont to do mine like that as well. Do need a cover or something on side not to show from street. So why did you put bag under? What did you use for ramp getting on and off?
    • Amanda M

My needs for this area has changed so it will be getting an update. A concrete ramp for now helps me to get the trash cans up and down. The black plastic is a weed barrier. To hide the trash cans from view I used a piece of white vinyl fence from Lowe’s.

• Phyllis

I'm so glad you would take ideas from us, but I think your doing a great job adding good things. My only idea would be to add two more rows in front of the cans for moving them in and out and maybe a taller fence for hiding the cans. The plants are good too. Thanks for your suggestions.

• Elizabeth

Great idea, great work .. I have been trying to come up with something for my spot. ...... I will be using your idea. Thank you ....