Dollar Store Mobile Device Charging Station

There are all kinds of mobile devices now and they all come in different sizes. Amongst the family members in our household owns several smart phones, iPads and Mini iPads that all need to be charged on a regular basis.
This old charging station that I obviously bought before iPads and Mini iPads were invented no longer serves its purpose. I also never liked it because it took up a lot of room on the kitchen desk and it was a magnet for dust.
Each family member has their own plug-in for charging beside their bed so their smart phone can charge while they are sleeping and then act as an alarm when they wake up in the morning.
But I was also on the hunt for a new and improved mobile device charging station for the kitchen. This one had to look good, be compact, be super functional, easy to make and not cost too much money. I found the answer at the dollar store!
I bought this sturdy cardboard bin for $1.00! I liked everything about it except for the bright green and orange colours.
So I spray painted it black. I actually used a chalkboard spray paint because that was the only black paint I had in the house and I love how it looks after it is applied. I also spray painted on two light coats of primer before I sprayed on the black paint.
This bin is perfect because it has two open handles on the side. I attached a labeled tag with paper string through one handle.
The USB cables slip through the other open handle from the DUO Power Cube into the bin. This system charges two devices at a time, which works for us quite nicely. I find the newer devices charge up quite quickly and we just take turns powering up our devices in the kitchen.
This is how my dollar store mobile device charging station looks on the kitchen desk. I have to admit I am really happy with how it blends in so nicely with the kitchen colours and décor and how it is so easy to work with!
I invite you to visit the blog for more details about how to make your own dollar store mobile device charging station!
Take Care,
Thea

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Time With Thea

• Mary West

I would like to Faux paint A coffee table I don't know how to do it, can you help me?
  • Mary West

I need advice on how to paintLing a coffee table in faux, can you help me?
  • Carol

Do you just lay your cell inside while charging? I can see a tablet standing up so I think I might try this with a smaller obe just for my tablets by the couch where I sit. Thank you for sharing Thea. Great money saving project.

• TateTwo

I have a small cell phone holder that would fit inside this container. It actually allows the cell phone to either stand on end or you can turn the phone sideways. Try a Google search on "small cell phone stand" and see what you come up with - sometimes Dollar Tree sells them :)