Unique Wall Decor Made From Ceiling Fan Blades

This Unique Wall Decor idea came to me as I was on the set of the Double H Ranch transformation with Chef Robert Irvine and the entire crew at Restaurant Impossible. As a Diva of DIY I'm willing to go above and beyond to create beautiful projects...on a budget!
I'm sure you've watched Chef Irvine creating beautiful spaces on the Food Network show Restaurant Impossible. What you may not know is that there is an entire crew {and then some} as well as volunteers who help to recreate the spaces.
I was blessed to be welcomed back to help update the Double H Ranch in Lake Luzerne, NY. It was one of those moments in my life that I will never forget. There was not a dry eye in the house once it was revealed..I still tear up at the thought!
So the designers Cheryl and Nicole {shout out to ya girls!} asked me to create a mirror. You see the problem with the Double H Ranch was that the rooms we were working with were super dark. So using mirrors allowed us to reflect the light in the room and therefore made it appear brighter than what the lighting would allow for.
Another problem on a show like this is there is VERY little budget. So one has to be creative...but, that's not a problem, I like to think outside the box 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I headed to where any DIY'er would head....the dumpster!
Thankfully this dumpster was full of building products and not spoiled food! I ended up finding 6 ceiling fans that had seen much better days. I knew at that moment I would have enough to recreate a mirror using the blades and off I went.
Several of the blades had water damage from being rained on so we got rid of those. We were able to salvage a few that still had water damage on the one side, but, were perfect on the other.
We then drilled the blades over lapping on a piece of 20" wooden circle that was spray pained the same color as the blades.
I then used Liquid Nails and flipped it over attaching the mirror. We then hung the Ceiling Fan Blade Mirror over the fireplace....isn't gorgeous?
For more details on this Unique Wall Decor idea or to see any of the other projects that I created for Restaurant Impossible and Double H Ranch be sure to visit the link below!

Diva of DIY