How to Frame a Bathroom Mirror With Mosaic Tile

$40.00

Our bathroom mirror was just plain and lacked that wow factor! I had thought about doing wood trim but, that didn't tickle my fancy either. I had tiled our fireplace surround a few months ago and it turn out really great, so I went to Home Depot and picked up some tile that was on sale for a $1.86 !
Standard boring bathroom mirror!
I then cut the mesh between the tiles, this gave me about 1& 1/2 inch strips.
This stuff makes applying tile so much easier, you don't have to mix up messy mortar, just cut the same size as your tile, press on the mirror, peel off paper, press tile firmly.
Once you cut and press your tile all the way around the mirror, you cant then apply your grout! This project took about 3 hours, applying the grout and cleaning the mirror took the longest!

How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants

• Verona Royal
    Verona Royal

Hi Sherre, I've wanted to do a DIY on the builder's mirror but wasn't sure on how to start. Thanks for the inspiration. I just have two questions. Was this the peel and stick tiles and where did you apply gout?

• Verona Royal
    Verona Royal

• Merry Straub
    Merry Straub

Would it be easier to grout after cutting but before installing?

• Dorothea Flanigan
    Dorothea Flanigan

You were lucky you didn’t have two clips at the top of your mirror.

• Laura Engdahl
    Laura Engdahl

Hi - I did my mirror with the same bound tile mat. I used glass tiles. I then framed the inside of the tiles. I’ve attached pics of what I did. Made the mirror so much more attractive.

• Laura Engdahl
      Laura Engdahl

Thanks Jen. Fortunately I did not have clips. My mirror was glued to the wall. But as Lynnette stayed above you can remove and glue your mirror. It’s also possible the clips are added support and the mirror is glued Good luck!