Marty's Musings
Marty's Musings
  • Greensboro, NC

Decorating with Shower Curtains

I found a fabric shower curtain at a yard sale for $1 and snagged it to redo the linens in my scrapbook room. Mixed and matched circles and stripes, with the whole project costing a little over $20!
Bed linens made with old comforter as the base and $1 yard sale shower curtain as the top.
New curtains from fabric shower curtain.
Ordered a brand new shower curtain from Amazon for $19 and used it to make curtains and accessories.
Redo included $1 pillows and leftover window fabric covering an old pillow and bulletin board.
Old bulletin board recovered.
Old bulletin board recovered.
Marty's Musings

• MM

Love love it, but when I noticed those bookshelves over the bed I got scared. They look very stable, but I would be nervous!

• Barbara

I make deeper valances that still leave about 2 1/2 to 3 inches of window showing to permit airflow into the room. The nice thing about sewing your own valances is that you can customize your room and not be dependant on what is available in the marketplace.