Rhoda V
Rhoda V
  • Kennesaw, GA

DIY Magnolia Wreath

I made this wreath using a left over grapevine wreath and free magnolia leaves that I had cut the year before. They were already dry and worked perfectly with hot glue, tucking the leaves in the grapevine and then adding a simple burlap bow. I turned some of the leaves showing their pretty brown backs and the mix of brown and green is so appealing.
Great way to say Welcome!
Grapevine and magnolia leaves
Grapevine and magnolia leaves
magnolia leaves and burlap
magnolia leaves and burlap
Finished wreath
Finished wreath
Welcome with a magnolia wreath
Welcome with a magnolia wreath
Rhoda V

• Rebecca E. Parsons

This is such a quick was to update for fall and the holidays. I love using magnolia leaves. AT Christmas I usually tip the edges with a metallic pen for some sparkle!!!

• Alice Roberts

Love this, I have tons of Magnolia tree leaves, from 1/2 dozen trees in my yard. I have even complained about having so many! So, this is a Great idea! I love using natural items and I had not even thought to use real magnolia leaves, I always bought silk magnolias and used the green leaves off those, although I have used the seed pods in other craft items. And here were these right under my nose, so to speak, I complained about how they last so long on the ground, etc., not realizing that was an asset to be used. Thanks for this post. I know what I will be doing for the future! )