Matthew Weber
Matthew Weber
  • Birmingham, AL

Demolishing Concrete with a Soft Touch

Who doesn't love a new way to break stuff?
Instead of ripping through concrete or stone with a jackhammer–or even explosives–Ecobust is an "expansive demolition agent" that breaks up rock and concrete neatly and silently. The product is basically cement that swells as it cures. Here's how it works: (1) Drill into the concrete or rock. (2) Mix the powdered Ecobust agent with water. (3) Pour the mixture into
demolishing concrete with a soft touch, concrete masonry

• Courtney - March Orchard

I purchased the Ecobust from Home Depot, had to order it online. So far it hasn't worked for me. It just dries and doesn't expand at all. My concrete slab is a lot smaller than the one in the picture.

• Yilliang Peng

Thanks for the information on how to break down concrete! My wife and I are doing some huge repairs and renovations on our home. The people working on the home are just smashing the concrete, but I think that pouring the liquid is actually much more effective! Thanks for the post! http://copeindustries.com.au/stumps/cat/