Washi Tape Embellished Plastic Party Silverware

$3

I really don't know why it took me so long to try using washi tape, but now that I have a stash, I'm thinking of all sorts of new ways to use it! My most recent discovery is that I can use it to embellish plain plastic silverware for parties.
washi tape embellished plastic party silverware, crafts
I love little details at parties, and usually buy plastic silverware to match the party theme. This, of course, means that I have a drawer full of mis-matched, leftover plastic knives, forks, and spoons.
So it was a revelation when I realized that I could simply decorate the silverware to match my party theme (and they'd be even cuter than just a matching color!)
Pretty big transformation, no? They're so much cuter when decorated!
If you have a washi tape pattern that works well wrapping around the handle, it will stay on pretty much forever. But if you want the design to be vertical (like the stripes in this photo), it wants to start peeling off after a few hours. Just something to consider when you're planning what needs to be done when before a party!
Nikki Wills

• Constance Muzzy

I have heard of washti tape but I don't know where to buy it. Can you help?

• Ramona Gallipo

You can find it at the Dollar Tree or the $.99 Store, depending on what pattern you’re looking for or if it’s in stock. I’ve bought several different patterns.

• Jmk590

I must get washi tape! I had never heard of it, before I read this; now I need it! Lol. Thanks for the fun idea!

• Nikki Wills

It really is fun stuff! I'm amazed it took me so long to get on the washi tape train, too.

• i would be uncomfortable using these knowing that the plastic ware had been handled for their craft and not washed.

• Nikki Wills

That's certainly reasonable. You could always wear food-safe food handler's gloves while you were doing it, if you wanted the look and not to touch anything.