Cozy Sweater Pillow

With the cold weather upon us in all its splendour, I find myself trying to get warm and cozy whenever possible. One easy way, is with a soft sweater pillow, which is easy, beautiful and functional.
This is one of the easiest projects I've done, and I love how it turned out.
The first step is finding a soft nubby sweater in your closet or a local thrift store. This one is a chenille sweater, and it cost me $10. I simply cut the arms up, and the top section off to make a square.
I simply sewed up the top, and about half the bottom, leaving space for me to stuff my pillow inside. Once I stuffed the pillow in, I hand sewed the rest of the bottom.
Here's the finished product. I love nubby textures.
A few cozy elements are layered in.
I also made two sets of boot toppers with the excess from the arms.
And my daughter's dolly even got some leg warmers for her ballet ensemble.
Stay warm and cozy all :)

16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Sue Purdy

• Dee
    Dee

Do you get fibers in your sowing machine and will it have to be cleaned? also you can make covers for glass candle holders out of the arms

• Linda
      Linda

You could use tissue paper under the sweater fabric as you sew, then just tear it away after....you could use a small brush to whisk away fibres from the bobbin area.

• Rosie Walsh
    Rosie Walsh

Wondering if I could get extra yarn from the sleeves to use to make tassels for this. What is the best way to do this?

• Linda
      Linda

You could try to cut the sweater at the seams and carefully unravel it from the edges...probably not worth your time, though...Just buy a little yarn that matches or coordinates [some dollar stores sell some yarn]...

• Sadie Moodie
    Sadie Moodie

I love this sweater pillow cover. Could you use wollen scarves too

• Audrey
    Audrey

Fabulous! Thank you for sharing. I love all the little extras you made with the left-overs. Genius. xo

• Dreamin of Home
    Dreamin of Home

I'm not a seamstress so I wonder what type of machine stitch you use to keep the edge from unraveling or getting stretched out of shape. A running stitch?