Asked on Jan 13, 2015

Outdoor shower

Jessica Serrano-GreggLindaAnthea Tomkins
+10

I bought an outdoor,cold water-shower at the end of summer, in the hopes that we could prevent our kids & their friends walking, dripping, from our pool to the bathroom to take a shower. The shower-users will be wearing bathing suits, but I'm wondering if I should put a trellis or potted tree on 2 sides of the shower, for a bit of privacy, or not necessary?
pool on right, neighbor's yard behind us. plenty of trees/shrubs on that side.
another angle: pool on right, house on left.
  • Carole
    Carole

I would only bother about a privacy screen if you neighbours were to complain. If they are in their bathers in the pool and just rinsing off I don't see a problem.

• Andrea Foote
    Andrea Foote

I agree. We also have an outdoor shower with no specific privacy, although it is on the side of the house, not right in the middle of the patio.

• Polly Zieper
      Polly Zieper

@Andrea Foote Ours is not in the middle of the patio, maybe the photos don't show it accurately, but the shower is at the back corner of the house., on the grass.I was thinking of getting a cheap plastic welcome mat or a few square tiles for the kids to stand on when showering, so they don't have to stand on wet grass, getting their feet dirty. thanks for your help.

• Anthea Tomkins
    Anthea Tomkins

I like the idea of a screen. You could use it to place hooks to hang up your towels or hang soap on a rope. I like to get pool water off me because it makes me itch.

• Linda
    Linda

We had an outdoor shower on the deck at another house to rinse off garden dirt before coming into the house, only we forgot to drain the line before the first hard cold snap hit. The water ran for a couple of hours before we got home and discovered it, and shut the valve off from inside the house. Good thing it was outside !!

• Jessica Serrano-Gregg
    Jessica Serrano-Gregg

I see the post is a little old. What did you decide on? I made a shower for exactly the same reasons you had and I was going to post pics of it to show you what I created all by myself but if you completed it, do you have and update? Love to see!

• Shuganne
      Shuganne

I know it's been 3 years, but I have to add a story to your helicopter story! Many years ago my dad worked at the telephone co before cell phones, so everyone had a land line. There was a particular phone pole that had to be fixed, just about every day at 1pm. It seems it was the best view of a lady who liked to sun bathe in the nude. She thought her 6 ft. solid wood fence made her safe from prying eyes. How wrong she was! The creeps are everywhere!! (Just in case you're wondering, my dad was in management and never out on repair calls. Sexist as it was, he didn't stop it until the other repair tickets didn't get done quickly enough.) Men!