GadgetSponge.com
GadgetSponge.com
  • Shreveport, LA

Upcycled "RetroMoto" Vanity-Lit Custom Red Nightstand/Side Table

I had a blast turning this vintage nightstand into something more functional and appealing.
With the help of a vintage vanity light, an old gym locker wire basket, and some mixed metal pieces and parts, this nightstand is ready for a whole other life now.
An old refrigerator badge and utility valve handles dress up the front on top of large measuring sticks.  Other measuring sticks wrap the sides to resemble old steamer trunks and a couple more run along the floor of the interior floor.
An old refrigerator badge and utility valve handles dress up the front on top of large measuring sticks. Other measuring sticks wrap the sides to resemble old steamer trunks and a couple more run along the floor of the interior floor.
I scanned and heavily modified some artwork from an antique children's book and applied the water decal before distressing the piece.
A vintage Illinois license plate ties right in with the color pattern.
The soft glow of the vanity light on top provides just enough soft light for reading and navigating a room.
GadgetSponge.com