I Love Old Windows

A fun window decorated with a favorite quote, a pip berry wreath and flameless candles. This one is in my entry. I paid a little more for the old window...but I justified that because it was so unique (and I had a vision about it...LOL...;)...)

I put a wood peg on the frame to allow me to decorate different seasons by quickly changing out the wreath and shelf decorations. I thought the 4 pane top window was a great combination with the larger single bottom pane. I attached the shelf right to the window frame edge.

And another window with a different quote. Sorry about the glare, but you get the idea. This one is in my dining area...next to my fireplace.

My latest window....I wanted to make it look like the window sill was still attached. I did a simple sill using rough cut lumber. Shelf part is 5" wide and 2" longer than the window (1" for each end) Bottom part is 3" and the exact width of the actual window. I screwed the shelf directly into the window frame, and just glued the clamped the bottom piece. I used some left over chalk paint and painted the shelf. Distressed it a little.

I just used the chop saw and cut the angle. This was so simple it is embarrassing...LOL I used several different tools to distress the edges. Funny thing was, something on the old wood seeped through the paint and I thought I would need to give a second coat of paint. NOT SO...it looked just like a water stain caused by someone leaving the window open during a rain storm....added to the character.

Added a few decor items and love how it turned out!!! (BTW....my daughter gave me the window for Christmas - I have taught her well...LOL)

And decorated.....I cut the old books with the chop saw to make them narrow enough to sit on the shelf ledge.
And decorated.  I cut the back edge off the old books so they would sit on the shelf ledge.  I even cut the back corner leg off the red clock so it would sit on an angle and not stick out too far.

20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Everything Red For Canada Day
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!

• Tammy Herdman Folvarcik
    Tammy Herdman Folvarcik

What types of knobs are on the "What I love Most" window? Where did you purchase them? Thanks!
    • Ijensen
      Ijensen

I bought them at Hobby Lobby. Always buy when 50% off....:)
  • Karen Gama
    Karen Gama

Where did you find the window cling What I like best about this house......?
  • Penny Annette Jackson
    Penny Annette Jackson

Hello. I have a very old window that still has the old paint on it. Did you have to sand all the old paint off before you painted yours? This is my first window project so I need all the advice you can give me. And bye the way I love your windows. They are beautiful. I know mine probably will not look as beautiful as those .. but imma gonna see what I can do. TIA. Oh and here’s my email cuz I’m not sure if I’m gonna be able to find this again , if you answe me back. Thanks. Pennyanne50@yahoo.com

• Ijensen
    Ijensen

^^LOL Lori....I like your opinion....and I'm sticking to that too...:)

• Ruby McVay
    Ruby McVay

Love love this so beautiful i have done this on and old window thanks blessed that share it beautiful.