Asked on Nov 1, 2012

How would you upcycle/repurpose this framed glass?

Annie DohertyEvey Vazquez-velezDebra
+23

I pulled the matting out of these frames thinking I wanted to use Krylon mirror glass paint to turn them into mirrors in my foyer. I'm having second thoughts on this idea. I'd love to hear your ideas for repurposing the glass... I'm to rearranging the grouping as well...
q how would you upcycle repurpose this framed glass, home decor, repurposing upcycling
  • Linda@nothingbutblueskyes

You can always paint them with chalkboard paint!!

• Redfly Creations

Reuse one as a tray on the furniture below: http://redflycreations.blogspot.com/2012/10/turn-picture-frame-into-serving-tray.html OR you can always take the class out and just have the empty frames. Maybe pai t the frames for more interest.

• Sharon @ mrs. hines class

good ideas! keep 'em coming...

• Mary Insana

I saw something like this once. Use chalkpaint, hang it on the wall and put a little hook of some kind on the wall in the upper center. You can hang different holiday themed decorations on the wall which would be inside the frame. I saw this idea with cut out paper hearts draped side to side too. You can hand a small mirror inside it or a small picture, a wreath, a candle sconce. The possibilities are endless,have fun with it.

• Sharon @ mrs. hines class

@Mary I. I like the way you're thinking!

• Mary Insana

Thanks. I lay awake some nights with ideas going on in my head! I wish I had the room for all the cheap Craigs List dressers and china closets I'd love to redo and sell.

• Sharon @ mrs. hines class

I can empathize with being kept awake at night by an overactive mind.

• Linda@nothingbutblueskyes

Ladies - my garage is currently filled with chairs and small tables that I've collected from flea markets and garage sales. All of them have big plans stapled to them (in my filing cabinet in my head) !! We are a rare breed.

• DeeDee

LOL! You ladies sound like me! I wish my brain would stop talking so I could drift off to sleep most nights! @Sharon @ mrs. hines class you could always modge podge something on the glass to match your decor and hang it with a beautiful ribbon???

• Sharon @ mrs. hines class

@Linda Matson we are a rare breed indeed! @Clover House, DeeDee I love the idea of hanging it from ribbon! There goes my mind spinning with ideas again...LOL

• Deborah Greenwell

Hi Sharon, has anyone suggested putting scrapbook or gift wrap paper behind the glass and leaving messages on the glass with dry erase pens?

• Z

I was thinking the same thing as Deborah. Great way to leave love notes for your family.

• Sharon @ mrs. hines class

@Deborah Greenwell and @Z I love that idea.

• MarriePierrette

an idea, like this...why don't u put nice photos, or paintings in them, and fix them in a different ways, as one in vertical position, and the 2 other in a horizontal position... it would fill this wall, pretty I think....well, in all ways, good luck to u...

• Sharon @ mrs. hines class

I have considered that too, @MarriePierrette . Great minds...;)

• MarriePierrette

Happy to read u today. Working on prijects too,here although I don't know how to put them here to show off..maybe someone can help me thanks inadvance. Ha a great say Sharon

• Rachel Medina

I have tons of frames and I have used chalkboard paint on some of them and some of them I take the glass out and hang the frame on the wall and put something in the middle:) (bookpage wreath, old door knobs, small mirrors,etc) I get tons of compliments. Good luck:)

• Sharon @ mrs. hines class

Thank you, @Rachel Medina . I haven't quite made up my mind, but perhaps I shouldn't overthink it. There are more frames sitting in a closet... Thanks for the inspiration.

• Sharon @ mrs. hines class

@MarriePierrette , first save your photos to your computer. Once you login to Hometalk, you should see a red button at the top right that says "Post". Click on that. From there you will be able to describe your photos and upload them. Let me know if I can help you further.

• MarriePierrette

Woe. Hey hahs that was too easy! Thanks so much. See u

• Ginger R

I love reverse paintings! on glass and mirrors. :)

• M'sMammy

They look good sized so put legs on them and make coffee or end tables. Or put handles on and use as trays.

• Too449355

I have seen an idea......remove the glass. Put little eye screws inside the frame on the top underside....3-4 and with thin ribbon, hang little stars??? or metal flowers. Use the same ribbon but wider to hang the frame. You could also paint the frames red or green and do a Christmas theme.....with ornaments!

• Debra

Try adding a strip (old ruler) behind frame and turning it into a shadow box.

• Evey Vazquez-velez

find a nice old map of your home town, frame it, get a newer version, put in your entryway,side by side, you'd never believe the interest it sparks!

• Annie Doherty

Evey, I love your suggestion for maps, terrific because I am a lover of Maps so will use this if I may, thank you.