Get Rid of Lime Deposits using Eco-Friendly Products

Get rid of lime deposits using 2 items from your pantry ~ vinegar and salt.
Befores and Afters
Befores and Afters
Lime deposit on kitchen faucet ~ before
Lime deposit on kitchen faucet ~ before
Kitchen Faucet After
Kitchen Faucet After
slather on the salt and vinegar
slather on the salt and vinegar
Mary Beth

• Elizabeth White

Will this work on glass in shower stall or will it scratch?
    • Ardale

I don't know is salt will scratch your glass shower doors or not but I use plain white vinegar to clean my faucets and shower heads and it works great without the salt. For shower doors and faucets just take paper towels or newspaper and soak them in vinegar then simply stick them on your glass surface and let them sit for awhile while you do something else. If your paper dries out you can put some white vinegar in a spray bottle and spritz your paper to keep it wet. After about 30 minutes or so take your paper down and rinse your shower doors then dry them off and you'll be amazed how they shine. For your shower head just take a Ziploc bag and rubber band and fill your bag with white vinegar just until it covers the holes on your shower head. Let soak as long as you want then just take an old took brush to lightly brush over the holes while your rinse your shower head. For your faucets just place paper towels soaked in white vinegar on your facets and let sit for about 30 minutes. Spritz your paper towels with vinegar just to keep them wet while your waiting then just remove your paper and wipe down with a damp cloth.

• Cha29519278

how much vinegar and how much salt
  • Eva Beatty

wh is the difference between cleaning vinegar and regular vinegar?

• Mary Beth

Cleaning vinegar has a higher acidity level and that makes it approximately 20% stronger than regular vinegar.

• Szeedeese

I found the cleaning vinegar to be on the isle with all of the cleaning products not with the regular vinegar at our Walmart.
  • Tmd29414232

absolutely