Terri Cass
Terri Cass
  • Rich Hill, MO
Asked on Nov 2, 2012

color of blinds

Randi DestefanoWallsTreat Studio/ Kass Wilson3po3

I have a dining room with 2 windows which have 4 1/2 wide trim around them and one window faces N and the other E. I would like to put 2 in. wide wooden blinds in the windows. The dining room is painted a dark tan and has a vaulted ceiling which is 10 ft . The dining room is open to the kitchen which has mahogany stained cabinets. I am thinking of mahogany wooden blinds but I am not sure , as I will also have a dark red valance on each window. I would like some input on what color of blind I should go with!!
  • 3po3

Mahogany sounds nice. Can you post a photo? It might help with recommendations.

• Yes, pictures please!

• Randi Destefano

Terri, what color is the trim? If it's white, then I would recommend white blinds so that they blend into the overall window. Though mahogany with dark tan walls sounds nice, I would also like to see a photo before you make the final decision.