I hate my ugly spindles under my cabinets. Do you have any ideas?

+27
Update: The cabinets are down. We originally planned on doing it this weekend but we couldn't wait. The spindles were decorative. We took out all the screws and the cabinets wouldn't budge. They were attached to plywood that was bolted to a metal plate attached to a very large lag bolt (2ft.) that was bolted in the attic. There were 2 of these. Now I just need to figure out what kind of lights to use. I was thinking of pendant lighting or can lights. Maybe even a track light that is simiilar to the one I have over the sink but only bigger. What do you think?

We just moved into this house a couple of months ago and are doing some minor remodeling. I hate these spindles under my cabinet. I would love to remove the upper cabinets but I need the space for storage and I need something to support my cabinets. I would love any suggestions or pictures if you had the same issue and came up with a great solution. Eventually I would like to remodel the kitchen but that is much further down the road.
q i hate my ugly spindles under my cabinets do you have any ideas, kitchen cabinets, My kitchen
My kitchen
q i hate my ugly spindles under my cabinets do you have any ideas, kitchen cabinets, Cabinets down Picture taken from the living room
Cabinets down. Picture taken from the living room
q i hate my ugly spindles under my cabinets do you have any ideas, kitchen cabinets, Looking into the dining room
Looking into the dining room.