Gina Kleinworth
Gina Kleinworth
  • Coeur D Alene, ID

Pallet Console Table

$20

We used a pallet left behind when our stove was delivered & turned it into this console table for the entry space into the master suite.
pallet console table, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
A little chalk paint, stain & creativity was all that was needed to put this together. We already had the plank for the table top.
We started with this pallet here under our stove. My husband thought I was nuts for wanting the delivery guys to leave it behind - but I had a plan.
You can see here it wasn't all that great looking - but it's amazing what a little paint can do.
Using chalk paint is the perfect choice because it covers all splinters. No need for sanding the pallet.
Adding the contrast for the top in this deep walnut stain was the perfect pairing for the gray/blue pallet. We added anchors to the back to hold it to the wall. It's the perfect size for a small space in need of a little something pretty.
Gina Kleinworth

• Tzf5376356

The stability of the table. Did you anchor the console table to the wall. It looks like it might teeter over. I'd like to do something like this behind my couch, but not sure it would be sturdy enough with small children running around. Thoughts?

• Eva

Great job.. easy. . I would probably enclose front or maybe make more shelves out of the remaining slates

• NAOMI

DID YOU HAVE TO PRIMER THE WOOD? FOR TERMITES AND STUFF?

• Gina Kleinworth

Hi Naomi- I did not. The pallet is new & won't be outside, so I felt the chalk paint was all that it needed. There's more info on the products I used in the full post through the link above. Thanks for your question.

• Terri

Love it!! How did you secure top to pallet?

• Linda Abate

WOW, I can so see this in an entry way for a place to put keys on in a cute ceramic dish and maybe a small lamp to light the way. Great use of the pallets.

• Nuk33460985

Yes! I’ve been looking for a solution to a small entry way for a long time. God is good! If you wait long enough he’ll show you the way. Thanks for the great idea. I was tickled pink when I woke up to this.