Cute Storage Boxes From Old Sweaters and Boxes

I have a plethora of old boxes and sweaters lying around and am in desperate need of storage pieces. So, instead of going out and buying some totes/boxes for storage, I decided to upcycle what I had!
cute storage boxes from old sweaters and boxes, diy, home decor, organizing, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
I have so many boxes that I'm going to be using them everywhere in my house. This little guy found itself back in the nursery holding diapers.
All it takes is an old box and sweater.
First, I cut the flaps off the box.
Then measured how much I needed for the sweater to cover the box.
After gluing the sweater around the box and into the inside, I finished off the raw edge with some cute ribbon.
These handles are more decorative than functional. I just hot glued some rope directly onto the sweater.
Love making some easy, free, and cute storage out of stuff destined for the garbage or thrift store!

Thrifty and Chic

• Linda

What kind of glue did you use, hot glue, adhesive spray? Looks great

• Cathy Waterstradt

could a shirt or t-shirt be used or would that be like too thin of material? Jw I don't have many sweaters but can get some and I was wanting to do this sometime.