MarriePierrette
MarriePierrette
  • Canada
Asked on Nov 3, 2012

Need ideas for my artist'painting room (atelier)

MarriePierretteKMS WoodworksMiriam I
+9

I have a large room I want to use as a painting place
Need help. I have many paintings and Stuff humm
Thanks for ur help
  • 3po3

I can't find it, but there is a really old Hometalk post of a completely white basement room that the homeowner was using to paint. He (or she, I can't remember) said he really likes painting against the white background because it doesn't affect his perception of the colors on the canvas.

• KMS Woodworks

can you post a pic? My sweetie commandeered a good sized portion of our master bedroom for her crafting space. She works with natural materials in some "miniature " scale. I would recommend yoo pay attention to three areas. Lighting Storage Floor protection We have average sized windows and have moderate levels of illumination. Her detail work is supplemented with an articulating florescent desk lamp ...which works for her. Painters like to use more natural spectrum light. our storage needs are meet with 6 foot high metal shelving unit. http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=100655787&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_sku=100655787&ci_kw=%7bkeyword%7d&kwd=%7bkeyword%7d&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googleads-_-pla-_-100655787&ci_gpa=pla#.UJaPdm_BFJs Our floor in our master is Jatoba a dark hardwood finished with a simple linseed oil finish. it can be spot refinsihed easily. She tends to spill glue and paints and other such things.

• MarriePierrette

Hi Steve,I'm pretty new here...do u think u could find this place for me pls? Next time I'll put some pics of my other projecta little verriere....3 seasons, at the back of my house. Thanks for ur help..appreciate and will also put a pic of me so u know to whom u talk

• MarriePierrette

to KMS, thanks so much for ur help, really, u watch me in the next month or so and will show u how my room comes out, then....good ideas...sure. I paint oil paintings so, it is a bit dirty too..hahah...I'll put some of my paintings at same time. I am already on Fine art america....under the name of Marrie...maybe u can look at some of my paintings...thanks again for ur help, really.

• 3po3

I have searched, and can't find the post about the all-white painting room, but there are a lot of posts on Hometalk, and I must not be using the right search terms. Anyhow, you get the idea. It was all very white. The floors were either painted white or were a white linoleum of some kind, I can't remember.

• MarriePierrette

so kind of u to take the time for me. really appreciate...will send u a pic of this room, once it's done......and will try to put a face on this icone...so u know who u are talking to...I don't seem to find the option in My Profile...anyway..will find out..thanks again....

• 3po3

To change your profile picture, click on "My Account" in the drop-down box below your name at the top of the page.

• Miriam I

@Sweet Pea Studio -a talented artist- might have some ideas for you :)

• MarriePierrette

hummm KMS...did u find me on Fineart America.....what do u think? well, I see this is a popular place to show off our paintings, although we don't sell much....too bad....u have a great day.

• KMS Woodworks

I have been using etsy for my Photography...sales are indeed thin. There is just too much good art out there. http://www.etsy.com/shop/KMSWoodworks?section_id=6302476

• MarriePierrette

Yeah plskeep on sending me ideas. Thanks so much