Louise
Louise
Asked on Nov 4, 2012

I got two of these chairs used in a home office from a neighbor who was tossing them out. In an effort to re-use them,

LouiseGail SalminenWoodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
+4

I bought some fabric I like and plan to paint the wood a deep red which will match one of the colors in the fabric. The chairs are OK comfort-wise, but I'd like to put something over them to make them a bit more plush and comfy. This needs to be easy since I've never done any of this. I've looked at fabric stores for the various kinds of things that might be used, but have no idea what would work the best. Ideas?
  • Louise

I should have made it clear above that I'll put the new fabric over whatever I use to make them more comfy. Maybe that was clear, but maybe not.

• Can you post a photo?

• Louise

Well, I must be going nuts. I forgot to post the photo, didn't I? :-)

q i got two of these chairs used in a home office from a neighbor who was tossing them, painted furniture, reupholster
  • Gail Salminen

@Louise - You could try some quilting batting. Walmart carries this in a few different weights and is easy to work with. I have used it a few times over the years with success. Just need to make sure you don't get too much fabric in the corners.

• Louise

Thanks for the info. When I'd gone to JoAnn's to look for something, there were so many different choices that I had no idea what would be better. I saw some foam sheets that I'd considered, but I'll bet it would be nearly impossible to keep that out of corners, wouldn't it? The batting would be much easier to work with regarding corners. I'd like it to remain soft and comfy for as long as possible. Would batting do that?

• Gail Salminen

@Louise - it depends on how much density you want to achieve. Foam can be cut to just the seat size and light batting over top to keep it in place. But I am sure others will have some suggestions too.

• Louise

My mail goal is to make the bottom comfier. Now it's fine, but after sitting there a while, it's not soft enough.