Mens' Belts Turned Drawer Pulls

$34

Last week I shared here on Hometalk how we used mens' belts to create hanging shelves in our toddler son's menswear themed bedroom. Now I want to show you how we also used mens' belts to transform a basic Ikea dresser from boring to stylish!
When shopping for my son's room, I came across the gorgeous Tremont Dresser at Arhaus. I immediately fell in love with the leather drawer pulls, but at $1,600, it was both out of my price range and also totally impractical for a toddler's room. Instead, we ended up purchasing your basic Ikea Hemnes dresser in brown/black - nothing fancy, but right on budget for a toddler's dresser. A quick internet search turned up a number of leather cabinet hardware options online, but the price was too high and I thought I could come up with something a bit more unique.
Since I was already planning to tie menswear elements into Beckett's room {like the belt shelves}, I decided I could simply pick up a few more inexpensive belts and use them to create drawer pulls.
After purchasing the other furniture for the room, I realized that we had a lot of dark wood going into the space, so I decided to use chalk paint to paint the drawer fronts of the Hemnes dresser a soft grey.
It was my first time using chalk paint - and there was definitely a bit of a learning curve (I shared my chalk paint tips on my blog), but in the end, the grey drawers really lighten up the dresser and provided a contrast against the brown leather belt drawer pulls.
We debated on whether to do two short pulls on each long drawer (similar to the Arhaus dresser), or one long pull. In the end, we decided to do one long pull on each drawer because it allowed us to maintain the look of a man's belt.
For the small drawers along the top of the dresser, we created small loops out of the same leather belts.
And finally, here's the finished dresser!
The full tutorial for these leather belt drawer pulls, including the list of supplies and step by step instructions, are on my blog at the link below.

Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Angela, Blue i Style

• Linda

What did you use to secure the pulls?

• Angela, Blue i Style

@Linda The tutorial with the full supply list for attaching the pulls is on my blog at the link at the end of the post above. It's all basic hardware supplies available from Home Depot or Lowes.

• Ild1682341

The idea is very original and useful , the dresser , otherwise a common type, ended up being a chic, neat piece of furniture. Congrats!

• Bonnie

That is fabulous!! Kudos!