Leslie D
Leslie D
  • Las Vegas, NV

Finishing Touches on Dresser to Apothecary Cabinet Done!

Finally got the pulls and label holders to put the finishing touches on our dresser re-do. A $39 Thomasville Dresser Goodwill find turned into a treasure. Our first attempt at distressing/repurposing a piece of furniture, and we're very happy with the project. Entire project, including dresser, paint, label holders, pulls, etc., under $100. This is the original post http://www.hometalk.com/tp4omg8nt2#!/637261/thrift-store-find-distressed-and-almost-finished
finishing touches on dresser to apothecary cabinet done, painted furniture
Metal label holders, ordered from Amazon.com.  These are scrapbooking label holders, and the labels were made on my computer and printed on card stock to go in them.  We only had to purchase small brass brads to attach them.
Metal label holders, ordered from Amazon.com. These are scrapbooking label holders, and the labels were made on my computer and printed on card stock to go in them. We only had to purchase small brass brads to attach them.
The before.  Great quality Thomasville Dresser, but someone had spray painted it black.
The before. Great quality Thomasville Dresser, but someone had spray painted it black.

• Sharon Poff

the drawers are just painted to look individual Right? the dresser I am working on does not have drawers that look individual. Was thinking about using picture frames to frame out the individual look.. What do you think?

• Leslie D

Yes, the drawers just look like small square drawers. This is just a 6-drawer dresser. Picture frames may work if you can find them to closely match the dimensions. I think that's a great idea!

• Sharon Poff

I appreciate you kind response thank you.. I have been looking at this type project and was just wondering if I was on same page about how the drawers are done.. Again thank you