Is there a way to insulate the sidelights around front door?

+5
They have small windows at the top and just the one layer of wood around them and the bottom half.
  • Susan Laverty-Osborn Susan Laverty-Osborn on Jan 18, 2015
    Cut some bubble wrap to the size of each pane, Spray the glass with water and apply the bubble wrap. Easy to do and just as easy to remove. @Joyce Howe
  • Gail Salminen Gail Salminen on Jan 18, 2015
    @Joyce Howe it would be easier to respond if you posted a pic of the area. Not sure if these side lights are inside our out - could require a different answer depending on the location.
  • Connie Connie on Jan 18, 2015
    I had a stained glass window made for my side light. The original window was left in and the new one was layered over on the inside. The molding was moved and then replaced and chalked after the window was installed Looks great and fits the style of my house.
  • Joyce Howe Joyce Howe on Jan 18, 2015
    Thank you for the suggestions but this doesn't answer my question because I am not concerned with the glass area, but rather the wood area.
    @Joyce Howe if it is the light fixture it self they have kits at home supply shops that insulate around light fixtures as well as outlets. If it is the door itself, there are products for this purpose as well. Determine where the draft is coming from and consult with the home supply store as to the best solution. Perhaps you just need to replace the the draft strip at the bottom of the door, or caulk around the the windows inside and out.
  • 3 ways - Exterior Storm, Interior Storm or blue/pink foam applied directly to it (for interior storm - http://www.hometalk.com/717495/interior-storm-window-one-option-amp-a-diy-how-to) Curious why you are more worried about the wood as compared to the glass - do you feel drafts, or...
  • David Gnida David Gnida on Aug 13, 2015
    Spray foam you can buy at the store might be a little to strong for a light fixture. I wouldn't really recommend that. Maybe caulk everything up. All the gaps and cracks. Any holes you can see. Use weatherproof/ waterproof 100% silicone. That's what I would do. Close up all the crevices and air and water won't get through.
    Thought u meant actual lighting. Caulk everything up still.