Teresa F
Teresa F
  • Montgomery, AL

Wash Tub to Kitchen Island

$100.00

Take an old washtub and turn it into a fabulous kitchen island.
repurposed wash tub to kitchen island, kitchen design, kitchen island, repurposing upcycling
Add a wood plank top, a shelf and you have a very workable kitchen island. .
This is how it started out, cute all by itself but I had some plans to make it more functional for me.
Wood planks and a base were added to make a perfect fit!
The removable top makes the storage space accessible so no waste, it holds all of my cookbooks. You could also store pans, cookie cutters, boxed food, whatever in there.
A removable shelf was added to the bottom. I had a ton of fun accessorizing. The cost of $100 includes the wash tub and wood. You can see the entire how to on my blog.

To see more: http://magazineyourhome.blogspot.com/2015/01/update-to-wash-tub-post.html

• DJ

Thanks for sharing this! I have an old wash tub and was waiting for a clever project to come along!

• Heather Bauer

Love this idea! Great job!