DIY Upcycle: Book Page Flower Wreath Wall Hanging

$0

Got some plastic grocery bags, leftover fabric, a cardboard box and an old book ready for recycle? Once again, I'm up to crafting using things found around my home.
The first thing I did was put the box on my cutting mat and essentially used a dinner plate as a cutting ruler.
I wanted the back to look finished too so I cut a piece of burlap fabric slightly larger than my circle, gathered it around the back of one side of the cardboard circle and held the fabric in place with a running/basting stitch by hand.
UPDATE: You can also simply hot glue the fabric on the back as I done in the video at the top of the page.
I punched and a hole on one of the back top sides of the circle and added a piece of jute for easy hanging.
I then tore out pages of the book, rolled it into pointy cone shapes and started gluing them in circular rows on the front side....
until it was full except the center of the board.
I stuffed a few bags inside of each other and tied it off on the end.
I covered the "circle" part of the bags with more burlap and secured it with another piece of jute.
A glued my new burlap "ball" into the center of the my flower and this is what I ended up with.
Not too bad, aye?
For even more upcycled, diy decor and organization ideas be sure to check out my blog using the link below and happy crafting! :)

Borei Design

• Mrs12266983

How would yellow pages from an old phone
    book do?
  • Kathy

Can you spay paint without losing shape?
    • Terspest

You got ahead of me Kathy, I was going to ask that. This is beautiful I am moving next month and will make one for my front door.
  • Madeline O

How to you make the cones the same size?

• Veronica Atha

Here is my first flower! Loved that this project used items that I had on hand. Thanks for the idea!

• Linda

Our community club has a library with some old, questionable books. I wanted to make something to decorate above the bookcases in the clubhouse. A few of these in a smaller size lightly painted should look a heck of a lot better than the tired old artificial flowers that are there now. Thanks!!!